MP3 LisTaGo is Windows software that helps you create structured MP3 discs to take with you and play in any MP3 player or stereo, with the songs in the order that YOU want to hear them, regardless of whether your MP3 player supports reading MP3 playlist files.
There are a variety of MP3 players and software that allow you to create 'playlists', where you select the songs that you want to group together, put them in the order you like to hear them, and save the list. The resulting playlist files are called 'M3U files', and you can load them in your MP3 player or software...
But what if your MP3 player/stereo can't read or load these files? Well, there are many types of players that support MP3s, such as hand-held players, smart-phones, home stereos, home DVD players, car stereos, etc. Some of these players can read the MP3 playlist files that you create, and some players can only read folders that you can select. The problem with the latter is that they allow you to pick and play folders of music, but they play the songs in alphabetical order within each folder, so you don't have control over the order in which you hear your songs. MP3 LisTaGo takes care of this. You'll be creating MP3 discs with 'playlist folders' that will play the songs in the order you choose, regardless of the type of player you're using...as long as it supports MP3s.
- manages multiple projects, whose contents you will burn to CD/DVD or copy to an external disk such as a portable MP3 player, USB drive, memory stick, SD card, etc...to take with you and play in other stereos, players, or computers
- keeps track of the size of the project, so you don't go over the size limit of the disk that you're burning or copying the project's contents to
- supports multiple users - each user's projects and settings are stored safely in their own Windows user account
- drag and drop functionality lets you drag songs from Windows Explorer into the main screen's source selections box, where you choose songs to add to playlists, or directly into a playlist via the playlist view box
- import songs from another M3U playlist file directly into one of your project's playlists, by browsing for a file or by drag and drop (one M3U playlist at a time)
- import playlists from another MP3 LisTaGo project into the project that you're working on (one playlist at a time)
- automatically reports and prevents duplicate MP3 files in each playlist (based on identical filenames), during the copy process
- a simple playlist and ID3 tag editor allows you to move or remove multiple songs in a playlist, and edit each song's ID3 tags (the song's information stored within the MP3 file), for properly displaying the song's information in your MP3 player or stereo
- if a song's Artist and Song Title information are missing from the MP3's ID3 tags, the software automatically attempts to add them based on the file name, immediately after it's copied to a playlist
- creates M3U playlist files for all playlists in a project, with one click of a button, in case your MP3 player or stereo does support reading M3U playlist files
- source songs are COPIED to a project's playlist, and any modifications to the MP3 file are done AFTER it's copied, so your original MP3 file remains unchanged
- play your songs in the order you like, regardless of whether your MP3 player or stereo supports reading M3U playlist files or just selecting folders
Anyone who likes to take their music on the go, and hear their songs in a specific order. You can burn a CD/DVD to play in a home or car stereo, copy the music to a portable MP3 player, or copy the music to a USB drive, memory stick, SD card, etc...to play in another computer.
Think of each project you manage with this software as a group of MP3 playlists and songs that you'll be burning or copying to some sort of external disc, to play in some other type of MP3 player. Each project lets you create a series of 'playlists' that are represented by folders. Within each folder, the MP3 files are ordered by numbers inserted at the beginning of each file's name. You can easily re-arrange the songs using a simple playlist editor, and the MP3 files are re-numbered accordingly. The playlist editor also allows you to update the ID3 tags for any song (the song's information stored within each MP3 file), for properly displaying the song's information in your player or stereo.
If your MP3 player DOES support loading M3U playlist files, you can generate the project's M3U playlist files with one click of a menu button, to be included on the base of the disc. These M3U playlists will load the correct folder of songs, and play the songs in the order you chose. So, whether you're loading an M3U playlist file, or selecting a folder, you'll hear your songs in the exact same order, no matter where you go.
PLEASE NOTE that MP3 LisTaGo is NOT CD/DVD burning software. It prepares the 'contents' to be burned or copied, but it's up to you to actually burn or copy a project's contents to another disk drive.